My injuries haven't let me really push training so the amount of training that I've been doing feels like much less than usual. It probably isn't a tremendous amount less but it feels like a lot less. Doctor's orders say that my rides can only be at an easy (exact quote: "not crazy like a spin class") effort. No running (limited strolling instead) and I'm still building up my swim duration from my broken rib. It is better than stopping cold turkey but I can't count on bumping up the workouts to help burn more calories.
So I need to mix it up a bit. Call it what you want: induction, detox, boot camp, intervention, refocus, pond scum (?), whatever. I've decided to make February an intense focus on weight loss. Call it Anti-Fatty February. What does that mean?
- I'm not really leveraging WeWa properly so I'm stopping paying the monthly fee. My doctor once said most any of the major diet programs work IF YOU FOLLOW THEM. I haven't been following it (and it shows) so it is time to try something different.
- I'm going to use The Daily Plate to track all the food that goes in my tummy. This will help me identify where I succeed and where I fail. Sort of using this to identify red, amber, and green times and days.
- I'm going to track my weight daily to see if the weekend nemesis continues. I'll post on the blog the weekly weight on Fatty Friday (or hopefully anti-fatty Friday).
- I'm not a saint so I'm giving myself two days of amnesty already: 2/7 (there is a football game that day, a new microbrew for me [Blue Point Winter Ale] is already in the fridge and I bought a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue to sip a bit while the game ) and 2/13 (dinner plans at Morton's for Valentines Day/MrsRockstar B-day).
- I'm not going to set a weight loss target. I doubt I will get where I need to be in one month (I'm about 25 pounds off) but this is just to get me on the right direction and path again.
- I've already apologized to my family as I expect it to be miserable to be around me for a few weeks.
I hope that by March I'll be able to kick up the training a bit. My hip/knee seems to be improving but at a glacial pace. Walking seems to help and I should be able to swim long enough to resume Team Total Training Master's Swim classes soon. Guppies, here I come to join you. Watch out, fat guy doing cannonballs.
Losing weight can't wait until my injury heals. This can be the new month resolution for February. I'll keep grinding away at the January resolutions but add this one to the pile.