This has not been a common occurrence as there were a few years worth of movies on the camcorder. My wife had to watch them all to see which movies should be kept and archived vs. which could just be deleted (you know those - the kind where the inept husband gets control of the camcorder and takes a movie of his foot for 25 minutes). After she viewed many of the older scenes she commented, "I was looking at the old movies and.....you were really fat, I don't mean that in a mean way but you were really fat."
It sounded harsh, much harsher than she meant it to be, but I didn't need to look at the movies. I know I was fat. In fact, I know that I am still fat. Less fat perhaps, but still in the fat category.
It sounded so harsh that my girls started laughing (as Rodney Dangerfield said, "now we know why tigers eat their young") . They then felt the need to pipe in with unsolicited comments of their own regarding my body composition changes. They were on a roll but I recall them saying (while laughing almost hysterically):
- My body used to be mushy. Now I have muscles and my muscles aren't as mushy (let me pipe in here-there are many, many parts of me that are still mushy but there are other parts that do have muscles).
- There are parts of me now where they can feel bones under my skin. This never happened to them before.
- I used to be warm to the touch all the time. Now there are times when I'm cold.
- They said that these observations are most noticeable while giving me a hug or cuddling.
- They said, amid laughs, not to worry that they weren't going to stop giving me hugs since I'm not as mushy.
I'll run the risk of getting less mushy, but I won't give up on hugs and cuddles.
Happy New Year.