Last week Mrs. RockStar and I walked the 2019 Disney Half Marathon. It was her first half mary. I've done a few. The takeaways were:
- Our time was a lot slower (4:03:04)than my past halfs. In fact, it was my slowest ever.
- We knew it was going to be slow since that was how we trained. We executed our race exactly inline per our training.
- We were concerned about the balloon ladies who are supposed to run/walk 16:00 miles. If they pass you, you may be asked to get on the "bus of shame." We did not go on the bus! We finished the race.
- I was hurting after the race. It took me longer to recover than I expected. I missed out on my post Disney Shula Steakhouse tradition.
- I view this race overall as a success. 9 months ago walking was an issue. We've come a long way.
- We did it with Team in Training. Don't know if we'll do it again but we helped a good cause
- My next time at Disney will be 2021. Join me!