1) My friend Guido recently posted on Facebook that through diet and exercise he was able to eliminate all prescription drugs from his life. I don't know where he started but I currently take 7 prescription drugs. The life goal is to get to zero but let's shoot to reduce 2 in a year.
2) I'm fat at BMI = 42. I need to get unfat. Unfat is a BMI of 30 - for someone 6'2" that means 234 lbs. If I can get halfway in a year, BMI=36, 280 pounds, that would be good progress.
3) I can't lose weight at the expense of muscle. Need a stat to measure.
4) I need to get in shape (see number 3). Disney half in Jan19, StA in Apr19.
5) Fit into 2xl clothes and some XL. The 2XL are often too tight.
6) Need to find something to engage my brain.
7) Need to gain flexibility. A good goal would be to be able to touch my toes. Haven't been able to do that since high school.
8) Need to sleep through the night.