1) My friend Guido recently posted on Facebook that through diet and exercise he was able to eliminate all prescription drugs from his life. I don't know where he started but I currently take 7 prescription drugs. The life goal is to get to zero but let's shoot to reduce 2 in a year.
2) I'm fat at BMI = 42. I need to get unfat. Unfat is a BMI of 30 - for someone 6'2" that means 234 lbs. If I can get halfway in a year, BMI=36, 280 pounds, that would be good progress.
3) I can't lose weight at the expense of muscle. Need a stat to measure.
4) I need to get in shape (see number 3). Disney half in Jan19, StA in Apr19.
5) Fit into 2xl clothes and some XL. The 2XL are often too tight.
6) Need to find something to engage my brain.
7) Need to gain flexibility. A good goal would be to be able to touch my toes. Haven't been able to do that since high school.
8) Need to sleep through the night.
Wednesday, January 31, 2018
The reality was that I was burned out. My health was crap. I lost any semblance of a work/life balance. I was not nice to be around and I wasn't performing at the standards that I expected of myself. In almost everything.
Since then I've been keeping busy with various projects but my focus has been simplifying my life, trying to avoid drama, getting my health under control, and dealing with the noise that otherwise can't be avoided while trying to live a life worth living. I did introduce some complexity by trying to relocate to the South but mostly I've been concentrating on the present.
I don't miss work. I've become mellower and less stressed (although my family will quickly interject that I still have my moments). To paraphrase the great Chico Escuela "Retirement has been berry beery good for me.
I've decided to dust off the blog to chronicle what I do miss and what I'm going to do about it.