- I don't drink coffee. Never aquired the taste for it. I don't even like the smell of it.
- I played piano professionally for years starting before I could drive. I did shows, a little recording, a lot of club dates, piano bar and all sorts of things like that. I was good by not great. It became work for me and I rarely play anymore.
- The tri and running buddy who gave me the nickname Rock Star doesn't know I actually performed music professionally. Even so, he is a SUPERSTAR!
- Both of my children are better musicians already than I ever was.
- My father is the best musician I ever played with even though we rarely played together since we both play piano.
- I was a rocket scientist at one point in my life.
- I ran sprints on the track teams in high school winning 4 varsity letters. I wasn't very fast.
- A few years ago I was awarded a patent for some obscure computer technology process I developed with some of the smart people who worked for me at the time. We made $0.00 from it.
- On 9/11/2001, I had a meeting scheduled at the World Trade Center for 10AM to review the offices they were building for me and my team on the 34th floor of 1 WTC. At the last minute, a 9am emergency meeting (that I had to go to) was scheduled in my Jersey City office. I went to New Jersey early and planned on taking the ferry over in time to go to the meeting. Instead I watched the events of that day unfold from my NJ office window (which faced the trade center from right across the Hudson). I got home from work that day about two weeks later. Emergencies are relative.
- My wife is the best person I'll ever know.
- My children (string players) recently told me that my birthday is the same day as Antonio Vivaldi. He would be 332 years old. I'm younger (just by a little).
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Random things about me.
Julie from Julie's Running blog tagged me to share some random facts about myself. There were originally supposed to be 10 facts but another one might be that I don't follow directions all that well. Have fun with these: