- 146 miles is a long way, longer than I've ever ridden before in one day.
- I feel very under trained for this.
- There are 3 official rest stops: at 46 miles,97 miles, and 125 miles. This is expected to be a rider self sufficient ride. I'm told it is difficult mentally to get back on the bike after 125.
- I am fat, very fat. I'm afraid that I won't fit into the official jersey.
- Fat guys hate hills.
- I live in a flat area and most of my training, the little that I've don, has been on flat terrain.
- There is a rumor of a 5 mile long hill starting at mile 90. This isn't the only hill on the route.
- It is an early start and my taper is to drive about 5 hours to Boston.
- My bike's power meter is still broken so I'm going to do this ride almost naked. Almost.
- I am slow and may not make the cutoffs.
- I haven't ridden in a paceline recently. The send out 25 people at a time ever 5 minutes starting at 5:15AM. If I can hang with the big dogs, maybe they'll drag me along.
I've decided to go into this with the mindset of I'm just going for a ride. This will be a time during this ride when there will be some visible body carnage. I'll ride as long as I can or until I get picked off the course by a marshal or which ever kind soul may take pity on me. I wonder what the Vegas odds are on the under/over for the mileage.
This ride ends at the Harpoon brewery in Vermont so I expect to drink some beer when I'm done. Probably a lot of beer. Good thing I'm not nervous about drinking the beer. Maybe that should be what I visualize all day?