While some may believe that an update in bullets short changes the literati of the blogosphere, I obviously don't drink that microbrew of Kool-Aid - at least not to excess. So......
- It was noted earlier this week 49 of the 50 states in the United States had snow on the ground somewhere in the state. The only one not participating at this time is Florida.
- In Jan 2010, while I was waiting in the corral before the running the Disney Half marathon in Florida, it was snowing.
- With the additional foot of snow dropped here last Wednesday, there are now mountains of snow in every parking lot. Who said Long Island doesn't have hills?
- There is so much snow on the ground here that they moved the NYS Winter Run series from Caumsett Park to Jones Beach Park.
- I've been much less than 100% physically last week that I'm blaming on my root canal gone bad. The endodontist put me on antibiotics and I've been tired and in pain all week.
- Rather than do my workouts on Thursday and Friday I went to bed before 7:30pm.
- My planned bike workout on Saturday was dialed back by Bike Mike as recovery from being sick. I was able to do it without incident and set me up for the NYS Winter Park series 5k Sunday.
- I had no real expectations for the Jones Beach 5k. Cold and windy doesn't often make for a good day at the beach, let alone a good running day. My plan was to take a single one minute walk break at about halfway and run a pace a little harder than comfortable. I was feeling pretty good so I forced the break at the 20 minute mark. The final time was 33:08 with the mile splits of 10:03, 10:42, 10:49 and the remainder at 8:54 per mile. I'm happy with this as it appears as there is still some hope of real running in the future. Next week might be the time to just run the 5k without the break.
Hey laughing boy, one bullet left.
- J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets? Yes, J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets!
I like the bullet update, easier to read!
LOL on the parking lot hills :D
Ohhh and an email will be sent, right now I am still working on my football buzz :)
I am impressed with any and all cold running. I really don't know how y'all do it.
I'm fond of bullet posts.
Good job on the 5K
Crazy about the weather everywhere this year. I'm tired of winter now. Can it be spring soon, please?
Well, I'm partial to chapters today, but the bullets do make for a good update. Stinks that you've been feeling lousy. Nice job on today's run!
As for football, my husband us delighted that your Jets knocked out the team he loves to hate. With the Pats and the Seahawks out, he's going to bed a happy man.
My Stillers vs your Jets next weekend -- going to be a physcial and ugly came!
You are allowed recovery time for botched dental work. Take care of yourself.
There is a lot of snow everywhere...freaky...
Liked the bullets. Sometimes easier to read. Very twitter-esque.
Also, although I live in Cleveland, I was born and raised just outside Pittsburgh. I bleed black and yellow - I just don't shout it from the rooftop in Cleveland.
Should be a good game next Sunday.
Jets smets. Just because the Pats forgot to show up yesterday.... :)
Anyway, I wanted to say that I really like the bullets. Besides, it is your blog, you can do what you want.
Sounds like the 5k was awesome.
Sometimes a bullet update is the only way to git r done ;). Hi!!
Go Bears! sorry.;)
Thanks for visiting. Maybe we should get t-shirts made that say, "I suck at yoga."
p.s. I am a Giants fan, but I am very happy that the Jets beat the Patriots. And I certainly hope they beat Big Ben and the Steelers because he's a jerk (he's worse than a jerk but I won't use bad language on someone else's blog).
Post a Comment