While some may believe that an update in bullets short changes the literati of the blogosphere, I obviously don't drink that microbrew of Kool-Aid - at least not to excess. So......
- It was noted earlier this week 49 of the 50 states in the United States had snow on the ground somewhere in the state. The only one not participating at this time is Florida.
- In Jan 2010, while I was waiting in the corral before the running the Disney Half marathon in Florida, it was snowing.
- With the additional foot of snow dropped here last Wednesday, there are now mountains of snow in every parking lot. Who said Long Island doesn't have hills?
- There is so much snow on the ground here that they moved the NYS Winter Run series from Caumsett Park to Jones Beach Park.
- I've been much less than 100% physically last week that I'm blaming on my root canal gone bad. The endodontist put me on antibiotics and I've been tired and in pain all week.
- Rather than do my workouts on Thursday and Friday I went to bed before 7:30pm.
- My planned bike workout on Saturday was dialed back by Bike Mike as recovery from being sick. I was able to do it without incident and set me up for the NYS Winter Park series 5k Sunday.
- I had no real expectations for the Jones Beach 5k. Cold and windy doesn't often make for a good day at the beach, let alone a good running day. My plan was to take a single one minute walk break at about halfway and run a pace a little harder than comfortable. I was feeling pretty good so I forced the break at the 20 minute mark. The final time was 33:08 with the mile splits of 10:03, 10:42, 10:49 and the remainder at 8:54 per mile. I'm happy with this as it appears as there is still some hope of real running in the future. Next week might be the time to just run the 5k without the break.
Hey laughing boy, one bullet left.
- J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets? Yes, J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets!