With last week's sitting around watching it snow, dinner with the Crew talking about 2011 event plans and several back and forths with my coach, I added a few events to the calendar. My season "A" race is IMFL, my "B" races are StA and probably Rev3 Quassy. Every other event is a training day that a race happens to be wrapped around so there is no taper nor a recovery. The training might be speed work, it might be a nutrition or pacing rehearsal, or it might just be for fun. So, in chronological order:
- JAN 9: NYS Parks Winter run series - Hecksher State Park 5K (REGISTERED)
- JAN 16: NYS Parks Winter run series - Robert Moses State Park 5k (REGISTERED)
- JAN 23: NYS Parks Winter Run Series - Caumsett State Park 5k (REGISTERED)
- JAN 30: NYS Parks Winter Run Series - Jones Beach State Park 5k (REGISTERED)
- FEB 6: NYRR Gridiron Classic 4m (REGISTERED)
- APR 17: Nassau to Suffolk Bicycle Challenge 100k (NOT registered yet but won't fill up)
- MAY 1: St Anthony's Olympic Triathlon (REGISTERED)
- JUN 5: Rev3 Quassy HIM (Not registered yet)
- JUN 17: Fireman Ironman Camp in Lake Placid, NY (REGISTERED)
- AUG 28: Runner's Edge TOBAY Sprint Triathlon (Not registered yet)
- SEP 4: Golden Apple Bike Tour 100m (not registered yet)
- SEP 11: HIM TBD (FIRMMAN or TOUGHMAN)
- SEP 24: Hamptons Half Marathon (Not registered yet)
- SEP 25: Tour of the Hamptons Bike ride 100m (Not registered yet)
- OCT 2: NYRR Grete's Great Gallop Half Marathon (Not registered yet)
- NOV 5: Ironman Florida (REGISTERED)
The crew is pushing for more cycle events in May. Under consideration is GrandFonduNY (100+m), Montauk Century (100m), Bloomin Metric Cycle (100k), and/or the Iron Time Trial (112m TT) but I'll defer that to my coaches choice. More events of the "fun" category will be added as impromptu, non planned, spur of the moment, events (like the completely unexpected podium finish of the Independence Triathlon in 2010) so stay tuned!
Dang - someone will be busy!
May great training and a successful season be upon you!
Nice schedule of events! I am coming out to see you at St. A's since it's a hop, skip and jump away from me. And of course, I will see you at IMFL and I'm bringing you some pink, fuzzy cat slippers to rock after you are done. Happy New Year!
THat's quite a schedule. Have a great year!
Nice job filling that calendar! Here's to more podium finishes, especially unexpected ones!
I may or may not be at some of those winter series runs (seriously considering this Sundays)
I will MOST DEFINITELY be at the TOBAY Tri, I CAN'T WAIT !!!
Good Luck with everything :D
I got tired just reading the list.
Here is to a wonderful and injury free 2011!
It's going to be a great year big guy!! That's a lot of running to kick things off, a few nice bike tours. but did I just miss the swimming?
You better schedule some RnR in there too! Great calendar!
Love the header too!
Hi Rock Star,
I love the new blog layout...sharp looking:)
You have a heck of a race schedule and so many things to look forward to! Good luck to you in 2011!
That is one ambitious race schedule hombre—holy smokes!
I hope to see you at Quassay. Word on the streets is that is one of the toughest—if not the toughest—HIM course in the World.
Excellent new header.
Looks like you've got a heckuva year planned! Cheers to a happy and healthy 2011!
Wow...next time someone accuses me of having too much on my plate, I'm just going to point them to this post...that's quite a year.
You really should plan something out west. The weather is REALLY NICE out here.
Busy season for you!! Love the plan, can't wait to follow your journey!
Holy busy race schedule, Batman!!
Looks like lots of fun blog posts ahead :)
PS - I just saw your sidebar - a certified USAT coach, huh?
Wow, that is quite the schedule!
I love the pic of the Transition :)
Looking forward to reading about your journey.
WOW! Busy schedule! Love it! LOVE LOVE LOVE your banner, especially since I have the Transition Pro too!
Post a Comment