Some other thoughts that are going through my head regarding Eagleman:
- The group of training buddies that we put together initially to help us all get through Eagleman 2009 as each of our first half Ironman sort of decided that our 2011 early season half won't be Eagleman. We decided this before the race last week but since four of the formerly named EagleCrew will be doing IMLP in 2011, we decided on a race with many more hills. Rev3 Connecticut is getting some votes (my preference) as is Mooseman70.3. We'll decide later in the year but the name of "EagleCrew" will be retired. I think I'll rename us simply as "The Crew" henceforth.
- Assuming I'm able to race physically, I'd like to have Eagleman70.3 back on the calendar in the future. Even though the conditions were hard, I still like this race. Vigo & Co put on a quality event.
- I left my blackberry in my race bag while I raced Sunday. After the race it was fried and only about 2/3 of the keys still worked. I'm blaming the heat and I needed some of those keys to unlock it. Fortunately, my contract was up this week so I got a new one last night. I admit that I'm addicted and it has been odd this week without it.
- I have to refocus on body composition.
- Next up is the NYC Oly triathlon in July and I'm hoping to be able to run a bit during it. That means I probably should start running soon. Also, a shorter race will probably include higher intensity training. Recovery week ends Sunday.