Some other thoughts that are going through my head regarding Eagleman:
- The group of training buddies that we put together initially to help us all get through Eagleman 2009 as each of our first half Ironman sort of decided that our 2011 early season half won't be Eagleman. We decided this before the race last week but since four of the formerly named EagleCrew will be doing IMLP in 2011, we decided on a race with many more hills. Rev3 Connecticut is getting some votes (my preference) as is Mooseman70.3. We'll decide later in the year but the name of "EagleCrew" will be retired. I think I'll rename us simply as "The Crew" henceforth.
- Assuming I'm able to race physically, I'd like to have Eagleman70.3 back on the calendar in the future. Even though the conditions were hard, I still like this race. Vigo & Co put on a quality event.
- I left my blackberry in my race bag while I raced Sunday. After the race it was fried and only about 2/3 of the keys still worked. I'm blaming the heat and I needed some of those keys to unlock it. Fortunately, my contract was up this week so I got a new one last night. I admit that I'm addicted and it has been odd this week without it.
- I have to refocus on body composition.
- Next up is the NYC Oly triathlon in July and I'm hoping to be able to run a bit during it. That means I probably should start running soon. Also, a shorter race will probably include higher intensity training. Recovery week ends Sunday.
Hard to tell what affected you most - probably the combination of it all! Glad to hear you are thinking about going back. Good luck with the running, I am working on getting back to it too. Maybe see you at IMLP.
Hi Rock Star,
First of all, that is a great picture! I love the red outfit:)
You have the right attitude about Eagleman! I know that the race didn't turn out as you had hoped but it was a stepping stone for future greatness:) It was tough and the elements sucked but you are stronger for it! I hope that you have a fantastic weekend:)
It's great you are looking ahead to the next challenge, and wanting to return to revenge yourself upon the Eagleman course. : ) Just remember, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger!
That's crazy about your blackberry--glad you got a new one. Eagleman can be such a tough race, simply due to that darn non-shaded run course. You'll be back to rock it again, I'm sure. And yes, Vig does a good job. I live in Columbia and have done many of his events over the years.
You're strong man for having the guts to want to face that course again (although it was a function more of the weather than the course).
I hear you about the BB. I've been inseparable from my Droid since I got it. I'd be very very sad without mine.
Post a Comment