- I haven't done a lot of training this year
- The last I was on a bike was 3 weeks ago.
- Longest ride this year has been 50 miles.
- Somehow I didn't think this would be an issue.
- This ride had 73 and 109 mile choices.
- I chose 109. Should have chosen 73.
- Summer decided to start this week with temps breaking 90 on Thursday and Friday.
- Saturday was supposed to be not as hot.
- Woke up without a cloud in the sky.
- Up at 5am to met the TNT LI cycle group for a 6am departure.
- In typical TNT timing, actually left at 7:15.
- Serious cross wind and sun beating down. Getting hot early.
- Realized I missed some key spots with sun tan lotion.
- First 30 miles was great. Rest of the ride less so.
- Didn't have any endurance (surprise!) but kept going.
- Lots of aches and pains since I wasn't used to being in the saddle this long.
- At the 3rd rest stop (76 mikes) decided to get in a SAGmobile to the end rather than slog it in. Could have finished with a high physical cost.
- Still think this was a wise choice.
- Waiting too long for the stragglers so got on the bike and rode the last 6+ miles.
- All in, 82 miles.
- Fairly happy with the 82.
- Realized, though, I have to actually train. Can't wing it any more.
- Had only one free beer at the end.
- Enjoyed scamming a way to ship my bike back to civilization.
- Not feeling so bad today (the day after).
- Looking for more rides to do better.
- Think I'll do the FiremanIronman training camp. One issue is that I'm swimming less than riding.
- There is an obvious solution to that. Just need to do it.
Copyright 2008-2020 Rockstartri.com
Sunday, June 2, 2013
The Ride to Montauk (in bullets)
Posted by RockStarTri at 6/02/2013 11:24:00 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Nice job on the 82 miles!
Solid day on the bike regardless of the final tally. Hope the sunburn wasn't too bad. I am thankful that I rode in the rain and under heavy clouds all day instead of beating down sun.
Nice ride! 82 miles is nothing to sneeze at.
Post a Comment