So I got this to look forward to:
Issued by The National Weather Service
New York City, NY
5:01 am EST, Sun., Dec. 26, 2010
A BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM EST MONDAY.
* HAZARDS... HEAVY SNOW AND STRONG WINDS... WITH CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF SNOW WITH NEAR ZERO VISIBILITY AT TIMES.
* ACCUMULATIONS... 11 TO 16 INCHES... WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS. SNOW MAY MIX WITH OR CHANGE TO RAIN AND SLEET AT THE HEIGHT OF THE STORM TONIGHT ACROSS EASTERN LONG ISLAND AND COASTAL SOUTHEAST CONNECTICUT. THIS WOULD HOLD DOWN AMOUNTS THERE... BUT ONLY AFTER SIGNIFICANT ACCUMULATIONS HAVE ALREADY TAKEN PLACE.
So, I got up early and:
- Did a 90 minute spin class with LITC.
- Filled up the cars with gas.
- Filled up the snow blower with gas. Got extra gas. Made sure the snow blower worked - YES!
- Got the snow shovels out of the shed.
- Got the sleds out.
- Went food shopping with thousands. Once supermarket had traffic backed up on the road for about 1/4 mile waiting to get into the parking lot. I went elsewhere.
My plan for the remainder of the day:
- Watch football on TV.
- Play with my christmas toys! Again, somehow, I wasn't on the naughty list. How did that happen?
- Watch more football.
- Take a nap?
- Maybe, just maybe swim a little. The probably matters if one of the games is a blow out.
- Shovel the snow every 6 inches or so.
- Repeat as necessary.
Be safe everyone!
Sounds fabulous to me--we only got a measely 6".
That was always the worst part.....repeat shoveling. It was as if you did nothing each time you went out there.
Good luck and brave the cold/weather.
Hopefully the Giants game is a blow-out for the Giants.
Enjoy your day. Stay warm!
I couldn't understand why the supermarket parking lot was FULL before 8am on my way home from work.
Now as I look at my bare cupboards wondering what I'm going to feed my hungry children, I understand.
Enjoy being snowed in :)
That is a lot of the white stuff coming your way!
I remember the days when the 6" shoveling rule was in effect and the craziness at the supermarkets ... oh how I do not miss those times ...lol.
It sounds like you guys are going to get pounded. I think we may get a few inches, but you are getting the brunt of it. I wouldn't mind it around here to help out the local businesses!
Oh man, I finished that Matt Long book in like a day and a half - cool that he is in your tri club!! Is he going for IMLP again? I checked out his I Will foundation, great stuff.
How much did you end up getting down there? We got about a foot I would say. I think this is the biggest storm I have experienced in this area since I came here 5 years ago.
Post a Comment