So I got this to look forward to:
Issued by The National Weather Service
New York City, NY
5:01 am EST, Sun., Dec. 26, 2010
A BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM EST MONDAY.
* HAZARDS... HEAVY SNOW AND STRONG WINDS... WITH CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF SNOW WITH NEAR ZERO VISIBILITY AT TIMES.
* ACCUMULATIONS... 11 TO 16 INCHES... WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS. SNOW MAY MIX WITH OR CHANGE TO RAIN AND SLEET AT THE HEIGHT OF THE STORM TONIGHT ACROSS EASTERN LONG ISLAND AND COASTAL SOUTHEAST CONNECTICUT. THIS WOULD HOLD DOWN AMOUNTS THERE... BUT ONLY AFTER SIGNIFICANT ACCUMULATIONS HAVE ALREADY TAKEN PLACE.
So, I got up early and:
- Did a 90 minute spin class with LITC.
- Filled up the cars with gas.
- Filled up the snow blower with gas. Got extra gas. Made sure the snow blower worked - YES!
- Got the snow shovels out of the shed.
- Got the sleds out.
- Went food shopping with thousands. Once supermarket had traffic backed up on the road for about 1/4 mile waiting to get into the parking lot. I went elsewhere.
My plan for the remainder of the day:
- Watch football on TV.
- Play with my christmas toys! Again, somehow, I wasn't on the naughty list. How did that happen?
- Watch more football.
- Take a nap?
- Maybe, just maybe swim a little. The probably matters if one of the games is a blow out.
- Shovel the snow every 6 inches or so.
- Repeat as necessary.
Be safe everyone!