The rules are that I need to:
* Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award - Done!
* Share 7 things about yourself:
- I've lived within the confines of New York State for my whole life.
- My eyesight is poor and I wear glasses. I was never able to wear contacts comfortably since I have very dry eyes. I thought about LASIX but was afraid that I would wind up being the fail statistic and then found out dry eyes make most of the reputable doctors reject me as a candidate. I wear prescription goggles while swimming to see the clock and the wall (more important than the clock). As I age, though, my overall eyesight is improving. I now need bifocals to read the bike computer though. Sigh.
- I've never beaten my older daughter in a running race. She normally laughs at me at the start of the race and says "see ya." I've never raced against my younger daughter yet. She doesn't like to run but the opportunity to crush her old man might soon be too tempting for her to avoid a turkey trot show down. Bring it, girl!
- I know how to parallel park. This seems like a lost art these days. Perhaps this is related to number 1?
- I was always considered a poor writer while in school. Some people now think I write well. Don't know if I've improved as a writer or if standards have declined. Maybe a little of both.
- I typically have 2 BlackBerrys on me: one for work and one for nonwork. I tried an iPhone once and gave it back. I carry my non-work bberry in my right front pocket and my work one in my left front pocket. Some might say this is an issue. No need to judge.
- My wife always wanted me to learn to play tennis with her as that is her sport (she is good). I agreed to join a couples league with her that starts this weekend. It is possible that I might get banned from the tennis asylum as I might be the worst tennis player in history. I won't have my blackberrys with me while playing tennis.
- I know a lot of useless facts. One of my issues is the lack of useful facts.
- I don't follow directions well.
Now I'm supposed to pass this challenge/award forward. An interesting thing would be to tag the people who are new to following my blog so I can learn a little about you. Another would be for the long time followers to play along. I guess what this means is that this is a self select challenge: If you want to, go for it!
Thanks again OCP!
Ha, ha, ha! #9 is my favorite!
Good luck with tennis. That's a sport that is waaaaay beyond my skill set.
Two things I lost when I moved from Boston via NYC to California. A tolerance to cold weather and the ability to parallel park.
Hi Rock Star,
I loved this! Oh hell, I love random stuff....you already know this about me:) I have worse eyesight than you...I promise! Lasix is for people with okay eyesight, not for me! My doctor advised me not to have it done. She scared the crap out of me and made me nervous about being worse off than what I already am:)
I think it is awesome that your daughter can kick your butt:) My daughter can kick mine on the shorter distances but her stamina is not for anything longer than a 6 miler. Have a good one!
You are obviously well connected-2 b-berry's, i love it! I would say that the bberry is superior to the iphone anyday. Good luck with the tennis! Be careful with your knees.
I had to learn to parallel park for my drivers license test when i was 16 and i could probably count on one hand how many times i've had to parallel park. I've been driving for 24 years now...LOL! Why did i just do that math? Now i feel really old.
I am addicted to my crackberry
I dont know what sport is tougher, tennis or golf, I suck at both
I'll play. Go to "lets do this again"
34 years in NY and parallel parking all the time. 3 years in Dallas and have had to do it.....NEVER....It is still a great skill to have.
I tell my wife all the time that my as Jay-Z says blueberry is so much better then that iPhone thing....
I am going to take you up on this tomorrow with a blog post and will refer it back to you.
I love this stuff.
With the exception of the contacts, your list might very well be my list.
As far as the writing goes, the more you do, the better you become.
My wife has asked me if I would take up tango, or ballroom dancing with her. When I asked her "Seriously, does anyone want to see ME in tights?" She said, "you race with those wrestling uniforms on, why do you care?" Ah... wives.
I can appreciate #6 - I have an iPhone and BB, and BB is far more useful for sms's, emails, texting.
iPhone is more for games and stuff but not really all that useful ... and know one is going to convince me otherwise.
8 and 9 are wonderfully in character!
Post a Comment