During this ride I realized there were a whole bunch of things that I missed while riding. Thought I'd jot a few down and read this when I find myself procrastinating yet again.
- Fresh asphalt.
- Cue markings for bike rides that were done before.
- Passing one of those portable speed sensors that say speed limit/your speed and it shows you are going faster than you think.
- The head nod given and received for/by riders going in the opposite direction.
- Riding a road that you never had ridden before.
- Climbing a hill as others bomb down it going the other way.
- Having people working on their lawn say good morning as you ride by.
- The sound of a woodpecker.
- Thinking of quotes from Caddyshack as you ride past a golf course.
- Church bells.
- Not getting rained on even though the ground is wet during parts of your ride.
- Broken beer bottles on the side of the road. The people that put them there should be mandated to drink only crappy canned beer for life.
- Old people cutting you off with their car, oblivious to their surroundings.
- Pot holes.
- The smell of road kill.
- Riding over an acorn and having it shoot out at a speed which approaches the sound barrier.
- Dogs barking from inside a car that passes you.
- Leaves and twigs while on a road bike (note this goes to the good thing category on a mountain or cross bike).
To be categorized things:
- The sting of sweat dropping into your eye.
Got any to add?