- Tug of War. It was an Olympic sport from 1900-1920 but hasn't been held as an official sport since then. There is a movement to resurrect this for Rio2016. I wonder how serious people could get cheering for it.
- Rhythmic Gymnastics. Why is this a sport? I don't like sports that are "judged" on a subjective manner. I prefer sports that are unambiguous - who gets to the finish line first, etc. While it is cool to watch like a Cirque du Soleil , if this is a sport wouldn't whoever hula hoops the longest warrant consideration for a medal?
- Equestrian events. Does the horse get a medal? If not, isn't the variability of Trigger's skill have a large impact? They dropped other animal sports like polo a while ago. If they bring back polo, imagine the marketing synergy possibilities.
- Make the cannonball a required dive. The splashometer can help judge. The referee from the Canada/US women's soccer game might be looking for a gig.
- Why is there no half marathon?
- I am not a fan of the opening ceremonies nor closing ceremonies. Why do these gala's need to be wrapped around the event? At least with the superbowl it is during a short halftime and there is always another option (like the Bikini Bowl or a Beavis and Butthead marathon).
- If ping pong is in, why isn't darts or foosball? Beer pong anyone?
- Curling. 'Nuff said.
The best line that I heard was that if we can spend billions of dollars to get an international competition of gym class or color day, why don't we try something like math?
Which am I missing?
I think tug-of-war would rock. So would half marathon. I don't care about gymnastics at all.
Math isn't that interesting to watch..and I have to totally disagree with curling..obviously you have not played.
If they made math into an olympic sport then the chinese would make us look bad. We don't want to just give away medals like that.
Curling rocks, your missing out
If only "non-pedal, downhill cycling" were an Olympic sport, I would definitely bring home the gold. Lance Armstrong has nothing on me!
Post a Comment